緩慢的前進
http://en.jybest.cn 互聯網 佚名 2015-11-19 大中小
特別提醒:科學填報誌願比取得好成績更加重要。考試結束了,盡快估分選大學、確定誌願吧。請點擊這裏,幫你解決!
1. nose鼻子
英解: the part of the face above the mouth used for smelling and breathing
A: Stop picking your nose! We are having dinner here.
別挖鼻子了!我們正在吃晚餐呢。
B: I am sorry, but I have to. My nose is itchy.
對不起,可是我沒辦法呀。我鼻子好癢。
2. nose緩慢的前進
英解:to move forward slowly and carefully
A: The road is jammed, we are going to miss the train!
這條路塞滿了車,我們一定會錯過火車的!
B: If we had a scooter we would be able to nose through the traffic.
如果我們有小機車,就可慢慢的鑽過車陣了。
3. cut off one's nose to spite one's face自找苦吃
英解:to disadvantage yourself when trying to harm someone else.
A: I had another big argument with my mom, so I'm going to move out of home!
我又跟我老媽大吵一架,我要搬出去住了!
B: Well, they don't charge you any rent right? So you shouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face.
可是,你又不用付房租給你老母,對不對?所以自找苦吃。
4. keep one's nose to the grindstone專心工作
英解:to concentrate on working hard
A: Hey, it's time to go home. Aren't you coming?
嘿,下班了。不走嗎?
B: No, I've really got to keep my nose to the grindstone and get this project finished.
不要,我真的得專心工作把這件案子趕完。
5. thumb one's nose鄙視 英解: to show disrespect to someone or something
A: Saddam Hussein thumbed his nose
at the U.N. when he refused to let the inspectors in.
當海珊拒絕讓武檢人員入境,真是藐視聯合國。
B: Well, the U.S. decision to go to war without complete U.N. backing was also pretty disrespectful!
嗯,美國未獲得聯合國的支持就逕自攻打伊拉克,也是很無禮啊!
考試培訓小助手
本科留學qq:436560382
研究生留學qq:437946603
免責聲明:
① 凡本站注明“稿件來源:beplay2網頁登錄”的所有文字、圖片和音視頻稿件,版權均屬本網所有,任何媒體、網站或個人未經本網協議授權不得轉載、鏈接、轉貼或以其他方式複製發表。已經本站協議授權的媒體、網站,在下載使用時必須注明“稿件來源:beplay2網頁登錄”,違者本站將依法追究責任。
② 本站注明稿件來源為其他媒體的文/圖等稿件均為轉載稿,本站轉載出於非商業性的教育和科研之目的,並不意味著讚同其觀點或證實其內容的真實性。如轉載稿涉及版權等問題,請作者在兩周內速來電或來函聯係。